While all fruits are good for us, blueberries are little superfood gems that our bodies really need. Why? They contain essential nutrients that help to boost circulation and oxygen throughout the body, thus delivering vital nutrients to your hair and skin.
The benefits of blueberries
The benefits of blueberries are endless. Besides being sweet and delicious, studies show that they’re also:
- High in antioxidants
- A potent source of phytochemicals
- Rich in fibre, thus helping to maintain a healthy weight
- Effective at lowering the risk of diabetes and cardiovascular disease
- Low in fat and sugar, yet sweet – delish!
- Great for lowering blood pressure and cholesterol
- Protective against DNA damage and thus good for cancer prevention
- Ideal for preventing inflammatory skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis and acne.
A potent superfood
With all the positive benefits of blueberries, it’s no surprise that you’ll find this superfood in our beauty infused COLLAGEN along with 25 other beauty-loving nutrients and superfoods including strawberries and pomegranates.
And if you’re looking for a quick and healthy snack or breakfast that delivers a double dose of goodness, then this blueberry smoothie will do the trick. It’s rich in anti-aging nutrients thanks to our beauty infused COLLAGEN (which will also give you lasting energy and a glowing complexion), plus it includes potassium-rich bananas and Greek-style yoghurt, which helps to support a healthy gut.
TOP TIP: If you’re in the mood for an extra-creamy consistency, try adding ice cubes and freezing your yoghurt before blending all the ingredients together.
Blueberry smoothie recipe
- 1 ripe banana, frozen
- 1 cup blueberries, frozen
- 1 scoop Tululla beauty infused COLLAGEN
- 1/2 cup Greek-style yoghurt (vanilla works well)
- 1/2 cup milk (we like oat, soy or almond milk)
- 1 handful ice cubes (optional for a thicker consistency)
- Garnish ingredients such as desiccated coconut, granola pieces or fresh fruit slices
- Combine all ingredients in a large blender or food processor.
- Blend/process until smooth.
More breakfast ideas
Our smoothie bowl and loaded yoghurt recipe also make a delicious weekday breakfast. If you have more time on weekends, you’ll definitely want to give this sugar-free chocolate cookie recipe a try.