If you love nothing more than a hearty bowl of oats in the morning, or as a late-night snack (who doesn’t?), then this strawberry baked oatmeal recipe is for you.
It’s not only super easy to make, but it’s also packed with healthy, wholesome ingredients including our beauty infused COLLAGEN which has 25+ vitamins, minerals and beauty-loving ingredients (including the best quality hydrolyzed collagen on the market) to nourish your skin and body from head to toe.
Put simply, this delicious baked oatmeal will help to tone your body, boost your metabolism and take years off your looks! Keen for a second helping? We sure are!
Just a note, this recipe takes 35 – 40 minutes to bake in the oven, so if you’re stretched for time on weekday mornings, consider making this baked oatmeal recipe on the weekend and store in the fridge for a quick breakfast option in the week. Just remember to serve at room temperature.
The benefits of oats
Oats are a highly nutritious whole grain that offers a variety of health benefits:
- They’re rich in fiber: Oats are a great source of both soluble and insoluble fiber. Soluble fiber helps to lower cholesterol levels and keeps blood sugar levels stable, while insoluble fiber promotes digestive health.
- They may help lower cholesterol levels: The beta-glucan fiber in oats has been shown to lower LDL (bad) cholesterol levels, which is beneficial for heart health.
- They help to regulate blood sugar levels: The fiber in oats slows down the absorption of carbohydrates, thus reducing the chance of sugar spikes and dips throughout the day.
- They may aid in weight loss: Thanks to the high fiber content in oats, they can help you to feel full and satisfied for longer between meals.
- Rich in antioxidants: Oats contain a variety of antioxidants, including avenanthramides, which have anti-inflammatory properties.
- May improve gut health: The fiber in oats feeds the beneficial bacteria in your gut, which can improve digestive health and overall well-being.
Overall, adding oats to your diet is a great way to improve your health and well-being.
Strawberry baked oatmeal with collagen
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 scoop Tululla beauty infused COLLAGEN
- 2 cups milk of choice (We like almond, oat or soya milk)
- ¼ cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup (we like Good & Gather 100% Pure Maple Syrup)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup strawberries, finely diced or sliced into small pieces
- ¼ tsp salt
- Coconut flakes
- Additional nut butter
- Preheat oven to 180°C and spray an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix the oats, collagen powder, milk, peanut butter (you can melt it slightly to make mixing easier), eggs, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla essence, and salt together until well combined.
- Gently stir in the chopped strawberries and pour oatmeal mixture into the baking dish, making sure it’s even. Top with additional strawberries if you like them baked too. (Otherwise, leave fresh for the topping)
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until you feel that the oatmeal is set. Be careful, you don’t want to dry this dish out too much!
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes. Portion and serve with the toppings. Need a little more sweetness? Add a drizzle of honey.
For more delicious recipes, head to our Made With Love section on the blog