When it comes to a satisfying snack or treat, not much can beat the humble muffin. However, store-bought muffins are often loaded with fat, sugar and preservatives to keep them fresher for longer and certainly aren’t as healthy as they seem.
Your best bet? Whip up your own batch of healthy, muffins at home. This way, you know exactly what’s going into them and can add the best ingredient of all, our beauty infused COLLAGEN, a skin + beauty nourishing drink mix packed with hydrolyzed collagen, superfoods and over 25 beauty-loving nutrients.
Additionally, these muffins are high in fiber thanks to the whole oats and they’re packed with blueberries.
Blueberries, what’s so good about them?
- High in blood-vessel-protecting antioxidants
- Mood-boosting effects
- A good fuel source for the nervous system
- High in antioxidants to boost the immune system
- Shown to reduce age-related cognitive decline
- A brilliant source of slow-release energy
This recipe is simple, delicious and easy to make for a healthy breakfast or snack idea. We’d love to know if you give them a try!
If you’re a berry fan like us, we’re pretty sure you’ll also love our coconut, berry and vanilla smoothie recipe and our berry chocolate date balls, yum!
Blueberry collagen muffins
- 1 cup milk of choice (we like oat milk for this recipe)
- 1 cup whole rolled oats (avoid steel cut or instant oats)
- 1 scoop Tululla beauty infused COLLAGEN
- 156g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries
- First, let the oats soak in the milk for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C and spray a 12-cup muffin pan with non-stick spray or use muffin cups.
- For the dry ingredients, gently whisk together the collagen, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt until combined.
- Then whisk the melted butter, honey, egg and vanilla extract together until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, stir for a minute, then add the oat/milk mixture and blueberries and fold gently until well combined. Do not drain.
- Spoon the batter with liners, making sure to fill each cup adequately, top with a sprinkling of dry oats, (optional) and bake for 5 minutes at 220°
- Then reduce the heat to 180°C and bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes.
- Once cooked, allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing them.
Also head to our Made with Love section on our website for more ways to include our beauty infused COLLAGEN in your daily meals and treats.