Sick of the same old cornflakes for breakfast? You can still look forward to a simple, effortless breakfast thanks to this healthy vanilla chia pudding, which also works well as a mid-morning snack or afternoon pick-me-up.
The health benefits of chia seeds
Chia seeds are high in plant-based protein, antioxidants, fiber, and omega fatty acids. They’re also rich in zinc and calcium which may help to strengthen your teeth and bones. Chia seeds could also help to reduce the risk of certain diseases such as heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
They’re so versatile, you can easily sprinkle a few over your salad or breakfast granola, or in the case of this recipe, they’re ideal soaked in liquid- as they swell and offer a rich, creamy meal or snack. We also love combining chia pudding with natural fruits such as strawberries and figs, which are also high in antioxidants, potassium and calcium.
Beauty infused COLLAGEN
In addition to the chia seeds, vanilla and fruit in this recipe, our beauty infused COLLAGEN is high in skin and hair-loving vitamins and minerals as well as the latest, scientifically proven anti-aging ingredients such as:
- Hydrolyzed bovine collagen – for skin, hair and nails
- Biotin- for healthy hair
- Kelp – for overall anti-aging benefits
- Hyaluronic acid- for skin and hair plumpness
- Antioxidant superfoods – for overall well-being
- Saw Palmetto- for stronger hair
- Amino acids – for overall well-being
- Vitamin C – for skin, hair and nail health
The combination of healthy whole foods such as chia seeds and fruit, plus our beauty infused COLLAGEN is a sure-fire way to ensure you’re giving everything your body needs to thrive for the day ahead, whilst taking care of aging woes such as fine lines and wrinkles, age spots and skin dryness.
Make sure to prep this recipe on a Sunday for the week ahead and you’ll have a healthy treat waiting for you in the fridge!
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 cup milk of choice (we like oat or coconut milk)
- 1 scoop Tululla beauty infused COLLAGEN dissolved in a little water
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp honey or sweetener of choice
- Various fruit toppings – we used figs and sliced strawberries. You can also add plain yoghurt for a richer consistency.
- Combine the chia seeds and collagen in a glass or mason jar and mix until well blended.
- Then add the vanilla extract and milk of choice – using up to a full cup of milk, depending on your desired consistency.
- Let it set in the fridge for around 3-5 hours or overnight. If the chia seeds are too thick or clumping together, simply add more milk until the chia pudding reaches the right consistency.
- Take it out the fridge, give it a stir and add honey, fruity toppings and/or yoghurt.
For more delicious breakfast ideas, check out our berry good smoothie bowl or our loaded yoghurt and berries recipe.